I’ll get to that. First, I need to thank Mr. Jueseppi B. for nominating me for the Blog on Fire Award. His blog, The ObamaCrat, is so fiery you need a hotline to the Fire Marshal, and an extinguisher at your feet to log on. Thank you, Mr. JB for the honor you do me!
In keeping with custom, the recipient thanks the nominator, then shares seven facts about herself. This being the Blog on Fire Award, I have decided to name only things I feel passionate about.
1. Purple is my favorite color—always has been. Even my wedding dress and shoes, and wedding cake were purple.
2. I’m a professional storyteller. I tell original and traditional tales to audiences at schools, libraries, and festivals. I especially love telling in tandem with my kids and husband.
3. I’ve been to all fifty of the United States of America. Every summer, my widowed mom piled us into our VW bus to explore the US. She even drove us up 1200 miles of gravel road to Alaska. The one state she couldn’t drive to was Hawaii, but I got there on my own. Thanks, Mom!
4. My first grandchild had fur on her face. One day maybe I’ll tell you that story.
5. My family made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most documented father-to-son generations. The Brownyer line of my family left a paper trail going back from Bonfol, Switzerland to the Bregnards in France, all the way back to the year 1099.
6. I met my husband in a beer factory. Yes, I did, at a folk dance benefit hosted in the old Rainier Brewery ballroom in Seattle. I tell you this not because I have a passion for beer, because I don’t. Last month Thom and I celebrated our 29th anniversary, and he still lights my fire.
7. I survived the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. I was bird watching in Eastern Washington when the volcano erupted. I had to hike two miles out of a canyon wading through ash in darkness so thick we could barely see our hands in front of our faces. Look for that story on my blog next May!
Now my favorite part! I get to pass the Blog on Fire Award to ten deserving bloggers.
Kristen Lamb is a writer and passionate blogger, who wrote an excellent book, Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She is the uncontested expert for writers who blog.
Pablo Buitrago is a photographer in Columbia with an incredible eye for color. His work is bold and striking, and he has the sweetest personality to go with it.
Naked and Hopeful is funny and fresh and full of surprises. One visit and I was a loyal follower.
Laura Stanfill–a novelist who contributes to the writing community. She creates interesting writing challenges, offers good advice, and lots of encouragement.
Constance Baltuck is an Alaska artist with a passion for painting and travel. Oh, yeah, and she’s also my sister. She has painted her way across Italy, England, France, the Tetons, as you will see in her archives of past shows. I carry her brushes and sometimes I paint too, just to make her look good.
Adventures for the Faint of Heart. This passionate young writer has great tips on ‘How to Get Published Before You Can Get Liquor.’ She’s funny, she’s spot-on, she’s an inspiration to under-age writers and, oh, yeah, she’s my daughter Bea.
Writing Blanks-I enjoy her sense of humor and candor, and her fresh voice.
My Novel Writing Adventures and Other Words–Natasha has sound advice and interesting observations about writing, but most of all, she has fire inside that comes through in her writing.
Writer’s Block--Kasia James is a writer of sci-fi, with a fresh perspective on writing, and fun book reviews. She is a sci-fi writer who asks the best questions!
Incidental Learner–a watercolor painter whose blog is colorful and delightful, and whose voice is genuine and charming. Pure pleasure!